Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ready to go! ... annnnd we're delayed.


















Woke up at 4:30am and caught a 7am flight from my home in Boston to New York to connect to Tokyo, only to find that the flight's been delayed 3 hours! I got here around 9am and now I won't be taking off until 4pm. Bummer. At least I got a $15 food voucher. Also, while there isn't supposed to be any free wireless here, I was able to correctly guess that British Airways' wifi password is, you guessed it, "password".

The bigger bummer is actually the fact that in order to move into my Sakura House shared apartment, I need to get to their offices in Shinjuku downtown Tokyo before they close at 8pm Tokyo time to sign the lease. Since now I won't be getting to Narita Airport until around 6:30pm Tokyo time, looks like that ain't gonna happen.

My options? Grab a $90 hotel near the airport and take the train into the city the next morning, grab a $60 cheapo room near Shinjuku at the related "Sakura Hotel", or spend $40 and have a rather unique first night in a "capsule hotel" near Shinjuku station. Tough call, but leaning towards the capsule. They do have hot tubs, after all.

2 comments:

  1. Love the name of the blog.

    That $15 voucher should be enough to get you a Caesar salad. Without chicken.

    And now I've spit Mountain Dew out my nose at the thought of you in one of those capsules. I'm legitimately worried you may not fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are those capsules even big enough enough for a dirtbag of your size and carriage?

    ReplyDelete