Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog it up

I've decided to try to put a little blog together to record my adventures in Japan for the next six weeks. I haven't really done one of these before, but I've basically been trying to tell lots of people that I will be updating a blog with the hope that this will force me to actually keep it up.

Some brief background is probably in order:
I'm a 28 year old graduate student in the College of Architecture at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I've got one more year until graduation. This whole trip came together thanks to our assistant dean of the CoA, Prof. Taeg Nishimoto, who himself is from Japan. Together we've managed to secure for me a 4 week internship at Nikken Sekkei, Ltd., an international architecture and engineering firm in Tokyo. After the internship, I'll spend another 2 weeks roaming around the country by train trying to see and do as much as possible. Though Prof. Nishimoto usually takes a group during the summer, there wasn't enough interest this year so I am on my own! It should be interesting...

Anyway, I leave today so I'll try to post once I arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment