Thursday, July 15, 2010

Photo shoot

Since they’ve seen me with my camera a lot, I think my friends at Nikken think I’m some sort of photography wiz, even though I have less than a year of experience with my Pentax DSLR. So, they asked me to use my camera to take a lot of photos of an amazing 1/100th scale model of one of our façade ideas for the marching band rehearsal space crafted by Tsuchi-san. The thing is huge. We carried it up to the view deck on the 14th floor to get some pictures in the sunlight, however it was late in the day and the lighting wasn’t very good. We also had a little trouble at first due to a small problem that every architecture student has faced: scale model people who have keeled over. We worked to prop them back up so our model didn’t look like it was full of dead people.We then took it inside to a small photography studio they had set up and took some shots using some professional lights. I made sure to take literally hundreds of photos, with the hope that at least one or two of them would turn out ok.

Afterwards, I went through and picked out some of the best photos and did my best to pretty them up in Photoshop. Apparently, one of my supervisors, Suzuki-san, showed some of the photos to an editor of GA Magazine this weekend. I wasn’t clear about whether my photos might actually go in the magazine (I highly doubt it), but either way – pretty cool.


1 comment:

  1. Just tell them that in America, there are lots of Japanese tourists who walk around with cameras all day, and that you're just trying to even things out a bit.

    ReplyDelete