Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last night in town

I'd made plans to crash at my old Sakura House apartment in Tokyo for my last night before flying back to the U.S. Unfortunately, most of the Sakura folks were working that evening. But, I had managed to set up a dinner with some of my friends from Nikken. I decided to take them out to try to try some Tex-Mex food, since some of them had never tried it before. I met them down at the office that evening and we headed over to Roppongi, where most of the western-centric entertainment can be found.

While it certainly wasn't the best Tex-Mex food I've ever had (the fajitas were okay), we had fun trying the spicier salsas and they got to sample some things they hadn't tried before like mole sauce. If was great to see these guys again and have one more meal with all of them.





Nakamura-san, party animal, convinced everyone to head out for a drink afterwards. We went to a bar with cheap drinks, dancing (including some on top of the bar), and western pop music. We all had a blast, and I have to admit we ended up having more than one drink. We got out of there just in time to catch the last train home. I couldn't have asked for a better last night in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment